Zoish Irani is an Indian businesswomen who runs a restaurant and bar in Goa. She is also kwown for being the daughter of politician Smriti Irani.
Zoish Irani was born on Monday, 22 September 2003 (age 18 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Zoish Irani as a child
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Zoish’s father’s name is Zubin Irani, who is a businessman.
Zoish Irani with her father
Her mother’s name is Smriti Irani, who is a politician. She has a brother, Zohr Irani, who is a student. She has a step-sister, Shanelle Irani, who is an advocate.
Zoish Irani with her mother and siblings
Zoish is a Parsi, as her father is a Parsi.
Zoish resides at A-602, Neptune Apartments, Swami Samarth Nagar 4th Cross Lane, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai 400053.
Illegal license of a bar in Goa
On 23 July, Zoish attracted controversy when Indian National Congress leaders alleged Zoish of illegally running a bar in Goa. They claimed that she had procured the license of the bar on the name of a deceased person. They even demanded the resignation of Zoish’s mother, Smriti Irani, who is the Union Minister. Later, Smriti Irani said that the accusations made against her daughter were because of the press conferences against Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi taken out by Smriti. She further added,
The allegation that my daughter runs an illegal bar is malicious with the intent not only to assassinate her character but also to politically malign me. And to the Gandhi family, which directed that this press conference [by Congress] be held against my child, I tell you this, send Rahul Gandhi back to fight the Lok Sabha election in 2024 from Amethi and he will lose again. That is my promise as a BJP worker and as a mother to that 18-year-old. I will see them in the court of law.”
The controversy started when a video of Zoish interaction with food critic Kunal Vijayakar on his show Khane Mein Kya Hai went viral on Twitter. In the video, she told Kunal that she was the owner of a restaurant named ‘Silly Souls Bar & Café’ in Goa.
Some members of BJP are shamelessly claiming that the owner of the bar is not the daughter of ‘Tulsi’ ji, this video is for them.
— Srinivas BV (@srinivasiyc) July 23, 2022
In an Instagram post, Smriti Irani said that her daughter Zoish was a record holder in Limca Books for world mac kempo games, has won bronze medal twice in Martial Arts Championship, and holds second Dan black belt in Karate.
Zoish Irani with her brother after winning a medal in Martial Arts Championship
- Film: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Bang Bang (2014)
- Colours: Pink, Black, White
- TV Shows: So You Think You Can Dance (2005), MasterChef Australia (2009)
- Book: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Song: “Rock Me” by One Direction
- Zoish is often called by the name Zoe b y her friends and family members.
Smriti Irani referring to her daughter as Zoe in one of her Instagram post
- Zoish follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her hobbies include practicing Karate, and travelling.
- In 2019, Smriti Irani posted a picture with Zoish after she passed the 12th CBSE exams with 82% marks. In the appreciation post, she said,
10th board results out. Daughter scored 82%. Proud that inspite of challenges she has done well. Way to go Zoe.”
- In 2019, Zoish was bullied by her classmate for her looks in one of the picture posted by Smriti Irani on Instagram. Zoish asked her to delete the picture, and Smriti deleted the post from her account after which the bully gained more courage to make fun of Zoish. Later, Smriti against posted the same picture with a caption stating how proud she was of Zoish. In an interview, talking about the same, Smriti said,
I deleted my daughter’s selfie yesterday coz an idiot intimidate in her class, A Jha, mocks her for her looks & tells his pals in class to humiliate her for how she looks in her mother’s Insta post,” wrote Ms Irani. She further wrote: her daughter had asked her to delete the post, which she did. “I obliged coz I could not stand her tears. Then I realized my act just supported the intimidate.”
Smriti Irani’s Instagram post about Zoish after she got bullied in school