Sunny Wayne is an Indian actor who is known for appearing in Malayalam films. He became famous for the Malayalam film Second Show (2012) as Kurudi.
Sunny Wayne was born as Sujith Unnikrishnan on Friday, 19 August 1983 (age 39 years; as of 2022) in Wayanad, Kerala. His zodiac sign is Leo. He attended SKMJ Higher Secondary School, Kalpetta, Kerala. He pursued graduation at Calicut University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Malappuram, Kerala.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38′ Waist 34′ Biceps 12′
Parents & Siblings
Sunny’s father’s name is Unnikrishnan. His mother’s name is Soumini.
Wife & Children
Sunny got married to Renjini Kunju who is a choreographer on 10 April 2019.
Sunny Wayne’s marriage image
Sunny made his debut with the Malayalam film Second Show in 2012.
Sunny Wayne in the film Second Show
He appeared in other Malayalam films Neelakasham Pachakadal Chuvanna Bhoomi (2013), Lord Livingstone 7000 Kandi (2015), Gold Coins (2017), Chathur Mukham (2021), and Kuttavum Shikshayum (2022).
Sunny Wayne in the film ‘Chathur Mukham’
He made cameo appearances in Malayalam films Thattathin Marayathu (2012), Avarude Raavukal (2017), Chembarathipoo (2017), June (2019), and Black Coffee (2021).
Poster of the film ‘Avarude Raavukal’
In 2020, he appeared in the Netflix film ‘Maniyarayile Ashokan.’
Poster of the film ‘Maniyarayile Ashokan’
In 2021, he appeared in the Amazon Prime Video film Sara’s.
Sunny Wayne in the film ‘Sara’s’
In 2022, he appeared in the Malayalam film ‘Appan’ on SonyLIV.
Sunny Wayne in the film ‘Appan’
In 2022, he produced the Malayalam film Padavettu and ‘Appan.’
- 2019: Best Villain Award for the film Kayamkulam Kochunni at Vanitha Film Award
- 2013: Best Debutant Actor Award for the film Second Show at SIIMA – Malayalam
Sunny Wayne posing with his jeep
Sunny Wayne posing with his BMW
- Football player: Kylian Mbappé
- Sunny follows a non-vegetarian diet.
Sunny Wayne cooking fish
- His hobbies include travelling and cooking.
- He was an engineer in an IT company before he became an actor. In an interview, he talked about how he made the choice of becoming an actor and said,
I believe in random, unplanned journeys. IT was not a choice; it was more a last option. I grew up watching Chitrahaar and Rangoli on DD and wouldn’t miss a single movie award night. I had this habit of dialing random numbers and showing off my mimicry skills—Janardhanan was a favourite. In college, I used to do mimicry.”
- After working as an actor for seven years, in 2018, he started a production company Sunny Wayne Productions. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I want to do my bit for theatre — an art form from where acting evolved. I want to know more about it and support the talents.”
Sunny Wayne inaugrating his production house
- In 2017, he worked as a dubbing artist and dubbed the voice of Sujith Shanker in the film Ezra. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
When director Jay asked whether I can do it for Sujith Sureshan’s character, I was excited. Till then, I had dubbed only for myself. During the process, it actually got me thinking about the dubbing artistes and their talent. You have to totally become someone else through your voice and moreover, your voice acting should suit them to a T. To get the slang, the accent and the feel right isn’t easy and it took me around three days to complete it. The challenging part was that initially, I wasn’t feeling at all that my voice acting is matching Sujith, onscreen. So, I kept on trying till both the director and I were convinced about it.”