Sini Shetty is an Indian product executive, dancer, actor, model, and content creator, who rose to popularity after being crowned Miss India 2022.
Sini Sadanand Shetty was born in 2000 (age 22 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and she hails from Udupi, Karnataka. She did her schooling at St. Dominic Savio Vidyalaya, Mumbai. She pursued higher secondary education at K. J. Somaiya College Of Arts And Commerce, Mumbai. Thereafter, she earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance from S. K. Somaiya Degree College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Vidyavihar, Mumbai. A marketing company hired her after an internship. As of 2022, she is pursuing a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) course.
Height: 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 54 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: 31-26-36
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Sadanand Shetty, is the Founder and Managing Director at Shikin Hotels Pvt Ltd. Her mother’s name is Hema Shetty. Her brother’s name is Shikin Shetty.
Sini Shetty with her parents and brother
Husband & Children
As of 2022, Sini Shetty is unmarried.
In 2020, she worked as a model for the clothing brand Pantaloons.
Sini Shetty (in the red suit) as a featured model for Pantaloons’ advertisement poster
Apart from that, she has worked as a model for various brands like Sugar, Global Desi, and Disrupt. She also appeared in Airtel’s TV advertisement.
A YouTuber with over 6k followers, Sini Shetty frequently uploads dance videos on her self-titled channel. She also uploads numerous dance videos on her Instagram account. On 3 July 2022, Sini Shetty won the title of Femina Miss India World 2022 at Jio Convention Centre in Mumbai. She represented Karnatka in the pageant. Sini was crowned by Miss India 2020, Manasa Varanasi. The win paved the way for Sini to represent India in the 71st Miss World pageant. Meanwhile, Rubal Shekhawat emerged as the first runner-up and Shinata Chauhan as the second runner-up in the pageant.
Sini Shetty being crowned as Femina Miss India World 2022 by Manasa Varanasi
From left to right, Rubal Shekhawat, Sini Shetty, and Shinata Chauhan, at Femina Miss India World 2022 finale
During her journey in the pageant Femina Miss India 2022, she won the ‘Times Miss Body Beautiful’ and ‘INIFD Miss Talented’ sub-contests.
Sini Shetty felicitated for winning ‘Times Miss Body Beautiful’ and ‘INIFD Miss Talented’ sub-contests
- A dance enthusiast since childhood, she began dancing when she was 4 and completed her Arangetram in Bharatanatyam under Padmini Radhakrishnan when she was 14 years old; Arangetram refers to the graduation ceremony of a student of Indian classical dance in which the guru presents his or her pupil to the public. Apart from Bharatanatyam, she performs Bollywood-style Qbop and hip-hop choreographies. Later, she took dance training at Dance People Studio By Melvin Louis in Mumbai.
- She took training at Mumbai-based modelling and pageant training company Cocoaberry. She was the second runner-up in the Cocoaberry Diva in the May 2022 batch.
- In her leisure time, Shetty likes to dance, do community service, cook, perform yoga, and travel.
- In an interview, she revealed that she inspires her inspiration from the Indian actress and model Priyanka Chopra. Shetty said,
Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra, when you look up to a person some of their words get stuck by you. The aspiration value increases, I remember hearing a interview of hers where she stated, ‘Don’t try to squeeze into a glass slipper. Instead, shatter the glass ceiling.’ I have been a fan ever since.”
- A philanthrope and an avid dog lover, Shetty, in an interview, said,
If God would grant me one wish, it would definitely be that nobody goes to bed hungry. And if I get one extra wish it would be that I automatically get dog treats as soon as I see a dog.”
- As a finalist for Femina Miss India 2022, Sini, in collaboration with the Child Help Foundation, established a fundraiser for emergency medical support programs in India on the crowdfunding website Ketto.
- Into the Wild (2007) is her favourite film.