Age: 40 Years
Wife: Palki S Upadhyay
|Known for||Being the husband of Palki S Upadhyay, the former Journalist, News Anchor, and Managing Editor at ‘World Is One News’ (WION)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 July 1982 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||1991-2000: Delhi Public School, Noida|
|College/University||Delhi University, India|
|Educational Qualification||2000-2003: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Journalism from Delhi University Sanket’s LinkedIn Account|
|Caste||Brahmin OP India|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Palki S Upadhyay (journalist)|
Father– Madhukar Upadhyay (writer)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister– Sanchita Upadhyay|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanket Upadhyay
- Sanket Upadhyay is an eminent Indian journalist. He is best known for being the husband of the former Managing Editor of WION, Palki S Upadhyay, who hit the headlines on 2 September 2022 when she quit the channel.
- Sanket Upadhyay was born and brought up in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. His father is a renowned Indian journalist, writer, and professor at National Tribal University, Amarkantak. His father, Madhuker Upadhyay, used to work at Hindi BBC Radio in London and Delhi during the initial years of his journalism career. In March 2021, in one of his social media posts, Sanket Upadhyay shared his old picture along with his father and sister when they went on the Dandi route and walked 390 km in 1994.
Sanket Upadhyay remembered one of his childhood memories on one of his social media accounts
- Soon after completing his formal education, Sanket Upadhyay started working as a Staff Writer at Hindustan Times in August 2003 and worked till August 2005.
- Sanket Upadhyay then joined NDTV as its Correspondent in August 2005 and worked there till October 2007. He started working as a Principal Correspondent at NewsX in Delhi in October 2007 and served the position till March 2008.
- From Machr 2008 to July 2008, Sanket Upadhyay served as the Principal Correspondent at Headlines Today, TV Today, and Aaj Tak.
In July 2008, Sanket Upadhyay started working as the Deputy News Editor at TIMES NOW Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd. (Times Group) and worked there till February 2014.
Sanket Upadhyay (extreme left above) while hosting a debate show at Times Now Network
In February 2014, Sanket Upadhyay began working with TV Today in Noida as a Senior News Editor and served in the position July 2016. At TV Today, he was given additional chagre of Head of Output operations and used to host the morning Prime Time show – First Up.
From July 2016 to May 2018, Sanket Upadhyay worked with the Network18 Media & Investments Limited in Noida as a Deputy Executive Editor. He served as the Head of Output and was responsible for content conceptualisation, creation, and execution. At Network18 Media & Investments Limited, Sanket Upadhyay was the host of the high rated 7 pm show named The Big Debate.
Sanket Upadhyay while hosting a show at News18’s English channel CNN News18
- In May 2019, Sanket Upadhyay joined NDTV, Delhi as its Consulting Editor.
Sanket Upadhyay while hosting a show at NDTV
- On 16 October 2020, Sanket Upadhyay posted some pictures of his NDTV newsroom on one of his social media accounts in which he was caught watching the opponent news channel Republic TV. Upon this, Arnab Goswami, the Republic TV Editor-in-Chief heard bragging that a number of NDTV employees watch Republic Television more than the total number of viewers NDTV attracted. Arnab Goswami said,
Tak waale are so bad even their own employees would rather watch Republic TV!”
Sanket Upadhyay paosing at his newsroom on NDTV
- Once, on one of his social media platforms, Sanket Upadhyay disclosed that during the 1950s, his great-grandfather was the Magistrate of Faizabad, and his grandfather wrote an appreciation letter to someone on 8 July 1958. Sanket added a picture of that appreciation letter along with a caption in which he wrote that Sanchet’s father was two years old at that time.
The picture of the appreciation letter written by Sanket’s great-grandfather when he was the Magistrate of Faizabad
|↑1||Sanket’s LinkedIn Account|