Hometown: Amloh, Punjab
Father: Shahna Ram
Age: 62 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||Elected as an MLA in the Punjab Legislative Assembly elections for five times until 2022|
|Date of Birth||15 January 1960 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||62 Years|
|School||Punjab School Education Board Mohali|
|Educational Qualification||1989: Matric from Punjab School Education Board Mohali My Neta|
|Address||H. No.6, Bir Amloh, Amloh|
|Controversy||In 2022, he was arrested under the corruption charges in the forest department of Punjab government. He was involved in this scam when he was serving as a minister in the Indian National Congress led government in Punjab. Financial Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Sheela Rani (Dairy Farming)|
Father– Sardar Shahna Ram
Mother– Name Not Known
|Assets/Properties My Neta||
Cash: Rs. 75,000
Agricultural Land: Rs. 13,00,000
Loans from Banks/FIs: Rs. 30,77,428
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1.73 Crores My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sadhu Singh Dharamsot
- Sadhu Singh Dharamsot is an Indian politician. He is a former Minister of Forests, Social Welfare in the Government of Punjab, India. In June 2022, he hit the headlines when he was arrested on the forest scam charges. He was involved in the scam when he was serving as a minister in the Punjab government.
- In 2017, he contested the Punjab Legislative Assembly from the Nabha constituency of Punjab on the ticket of the Indian National Congress and won the elections. He was then appointed as the Minister of Forests, Social Welfare in the Punjab government. Prior to this Sadhu Singh Dharamsot had been elected five times as the MLA to the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
- Until 2022, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot represented the Nabha Assembly Constituency as MLA. In 2022, he lost the Punjab Legislative Assembly election from Nabha Constituency to Gurdev Singh Mann, an Aam Aadmi Party candidate with a margin of 51,554 votes.
- On 7 June 2022, Sadhu Singh Dharamsot was arrested by the Punjab Vigilance Bureau on corruption charges under a scam in the forest department. The department was earlier headed by Dharamsot when he was the minister in the cabinet of Captain Amarinder Singh. A few days ago, the district forest officer Guramanpreet Singh and a contractor Harminder Singh Hummy were arrested in a corruption case. According to the police investigation, Sadhu Singh was involved in the illegal felling of over 25,000 trees. He was booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Section 120-B (conspiracy) of the IPC.
- Earlier this, Sadhu Singh was involved in the Post Matric Scholarship scam. He was accused of providing scholarship money wrongly to private colleges and universities when he was serving as the Social Security Minister in the Indian National Congress-led government in Punjab. Jagaran News
- Sadhu Singh Dharamsot remains very active on various social media platforms. He often shares pictures and videos of his political rallies and campaigns on social media. On Facebook, he is followed by over 10k people. On Instagram, he is followed by over 9k people.
Sadhu Singh Dharamsot in his political rally
|↑1, ↑3, ↑4||My Neta|