Father: Virender Arora
Age: 34 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
|Full Name||Prerna V Arora Business World|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 177 cm
in meters– 1.77 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 10”
|Debut||Film: Rustum (2017)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2018: Best Film award to Toilet – Ek Prem Katha (2017)|
|Date of Birth||9 December 1987 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Shimla, Himachal Pradesh|
|Controversy||In July 2022, she was charged by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a money laundering case worth Rs. 30 crores. The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Virender Arora
|Siblings||Sister– Kussum Arora|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prerna Arora
- Prerna Arora is an Indian film producer. On 21 July 2022, she came into the limelight after she was charged by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a money laundering case of Rs 31 crore. In 2018, she was detained by the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) for defrauding the Indian film financier Vashu Bhagnani of Rs 31.6 crore and was charged under sections 420 (cheating) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC. The Times of India
- Prerna is known for producing noted Bollywood films including ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha (2017),’ ‘Pad Man (2018),’ ‘Kedarnath (2018),’ ‘Rustom (2016),’ and ‘Fanney Khan (2018).’ She worked with Indian actress Anushka Sharma in 2018 for the film Pari. Thereafter, she went on to finance several Bollywood music videos such as Ruk, Musafir, and Talluq.
The poster of the song Ruk
- According to some media sources, Prerna grew up in Shimla and her mother hailed from Mumbai. Prerna does not belong to a film family. In a conversation with a media house, Prerna recalled that her mother introduced her to the Indian films that led her inclination toward cinema. She said,
I come from a small town. My mom introduced me to films like Brahmachari, Mr India, Bimal Roy’s movies, Sujata… I got attracted to cinema and started watching more and more.”
A picture shared by Prerna on social media after the success of the film Rustum
- In the same discussion, she added that it was not acting that interested her. She desired to make movies. Her family friend Arjun Kapoor helped her to achieve her dream.
Prerna Arora (wearing a cap) on the sets of a film
- Her father is a film producer, who established KriArj Entertainment, a production house in 2016, with Arjun N. Kapoor who is their business partner. This production house ceased in 2018. She is the founder of the Mandiraa Entertainment.
- The Great Kamla Circus was once completely owned by her family, and it was named after her late grandmother. Later, it was taken over by the Apollo Circus, and her family left with a small stake in it.
Apollo Circus Picture
- She remains very active on various social media platforms. On Instagram, she has over 11.7k followers. She often posts her pictures and videos on social media.
- In a media interview, Prerna revealed that she liked shopping and travelling to distant places in her leisure time. She said,
I am a compulsive shopper. I have rooms and rooms full of this. I love Dior! When I was small, I had this whole thing of being someone when I grow up and buying Dior and wearing them. I want more!”
- According to Prerna Arora, she is one of the three top clients of Dior in India. In 2017, she was invited by the label’s creative director Maria Grazia Chiuri to her Winterfall collection.
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||The Times of India|