Husband: Ajay Nandal
Marital Status: Married
Age: 25 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 160 cm
in meters– 1.60 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|International Debut||2014: Won a bronze medal in Junior Asian Championship held in Mongolia|
|Medals||2014: Bronze Medal, Junior Asian Championship, Mongolia
2015: Bronze Medal, Junior Asian Championship, Myanmar
2016: Silver Medal, Junior Asian Championship, Philippines
2017: Bronze Medal, Junior Asian Championship, Chinese Taipei
2018: Silver Medal, Senior Commonwealth Championship, South Africa
|Date of Birth||7 July 1997 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|College/University||LM Hindu University in Rothak|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (BA) from the LM Hindu University in Rothak.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||27th November 2021|
|Husband/Spouse||Ajay Nandal (a former wrestler and an army officer)|
Father– Subhash Sihag (farmer)
Mother– Name Not Known (housewife)
A picture of Pooja Sihag’s in-laws.
|Siblings||Brother– Ravi Sihag|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Sihag
- Pooja Sinag is an Indian freestyle wrestler. In 2021, she came into the limelight after she won a bronze medal in the Women’s 76kg category at the Asian Wrestling Championships held at Almaty after defeating her defeated South Korean opponent Seoyeon Jeong.
Pooja Sihag after winning a bronze medal in 2021
- In 2011, Pooja Sihag began practising wrestling when she was eleven years old at the Alkesh Sports Academy. She won the bronze medal at the 2014 Junior Asian Championship organised in Mongolia.
Pooja Sihag after winning Asian Championships
- According to Pooja Sihag, her favourite wrestler is Mausam Khatri.
- In 2015, Pooja Sihag won the bronze medal at the Junior Asian Championship organised in Myanmar. In 2016, she clinched a bronze medal at the Junior Asian Championship in Chinese Taipei.
- In 2017, she had an operation on her left knee. In the same year, at the senior-level wrestling competitions, Pooja Sihag won a silver medal at the Commonwealth Games in South Africa.
- In 2018, Pooja Sihag won the silver medal at the Senior Commonwealth Championship held in South Africa.
- In 2022, she clinched a bronze medal in the Ranking Series Bolat Turlykhanov CUP Almaty in Kazakisthan.
Pooja Sihag after winning bronze in 2022