Megha Chakraborty is an Indian actress who primarily appears in Hindi television shows. She is well known for playing the role of Imlie Singh Rathore in the Hindi television show Imlie season 2 (September 2022) on StarPlus.
Megha Chakraborty was born on Friday, 3 May 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Megha attended Alipore Multipurpose Government Girls School in Alipore, Kolkata and Jodhpur Park Girls’ School in Kolkata. She pursued her graduation at Sammilani Mahavidyalaya in Kolkatta, which is affiliated with the University of Calcutta.
A childhood picture of Megha Chakraborty with her mother
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 33-26-34
Megha Chakraborty belongs to a Bengali family.
Parents & Siblings
Megha’s father’s name is Sakti Chakroborty.
Megha Chakraborty with her father
Her mother’s name is Tultl Chakroborty.
Megha Chakraborty with her mother
Megha has an elder brother, Kaustav Chakraborty, who is an Indian film director and editor.
A childhood picture of Megha Chakraborty with his brother Kaustav Chakraborty
Megha Chakraborty with her elder brother Kaustav Chakraborty
Husband & Children
As of 2022, Megha Chakraborty is unmarried.
In May 2019, it was rumoured that Megha Chakraborty dated Hitank Kedia, creative director and producer of the Hindi television shows. As per sources, the two met on the sets of Megha’s debut television show Badii Devrani.
Megha Chakraborty with Hitank Kedia
In 2014, Megha Chakraborty made her Bengali debut with the film Action in which she played the role of Rini.
Poster of Megha Chakraborty’s debut Bengali film Action
In 2019, she appeared as Mahima in the short film Confessions on YouTube. In 2022, Megha appeared in the short film Desert Tears as Gulaal on YouTube.
In 2013, Megha Chakraborty made her acting debut with the Bengali television show Joto Hashi Tato Ranna on Star Jalsha.
Poster of the Bengali show Joto Hashi Tato Ranna
In 2015, she appeared in the Hindi television show Badii Devrani in which she played the role of Reeti Poddar on &TV. In 2016, she appeared as Niyati Bajpayee in the show Khwaabon Ki Zamin Par on Zindagi. In 2017, Megha played the role of Mastani in the show Peshwa Bajirao on Sony TV.
Megha Chakraborty in a still from the television show Peshwa Bajirao
In 2018, she shot to fame with the StarPlus show Krishna Chali London in which she played the role of Dr Krishna Dubey Sahay.
Megha Chakraborty in a still from the television show Krishna Chali London
In 2020, Megha played the role of Garima Rajawat in the Hindi television show Kaatelal & Sons on Sony SAB. In April 2022, she appeared in the show Chuski Zindagi Ki as Kirti on The Q. In September 2022, she appeared as Imlie Singh Rathore in season 2 of the Hindi television show Imlie, after a leap of twenty years in the first season.
In 2021, Megha Chakraborty started a production house, Mismanaged Company, along with his co-actor, Sahil Phull, from the Hindi television show Kaatelal & Sons. Megha was also the co-producer of the web series Dil-e-Couch, which was uploaded on YouTube on 31 October 2021.
In October 2021, Megha made his digital debut with the web series Dil-e-Couch in which she played the role of Nima on YouTube.
Poster of Megha Chakraborty’s debut web series Dil-e-Couch
In November 2021, Megha was featured in the music video Ho Tum Kahan on YouTube.
Poster of Megha Chakraborty’s debut music video Ho Tum Kahan
In 2018, Megha Chakraborty won the Favourite Beti Award for the television show Krishna Chali London at Star Parivaar Awards.
Megha Chakraborty owns a Honda WR-V VX car.
Megha Chakraborty posing with her brand new car
- Food: Fish Curry, Chicken, and Reshami Kebab
- Cuisine(s): Chinese and Bengali
- Actor(s): Shah Rukh Khan (Bollywood), Parambrata Chattopadhyay, Abir Chatterjee, and Kharaj Mukherjee (Tollywood)
- Film(s): Titanic (Hollywood) and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (Bollywood)
- Colour(s): White, Pink, and Blue
- Holiday Destination(s): Kashmir and Europe
- Restaurant: Oh! Calcutta in Mumbai
- Song: “Pehla Nasha” from the Bollywood film Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
- Cartoon Character: Tom and Jerry
- In an interview, Megha revealed that she doesn’t use glycerin to act an emotional scene on screen.
- To prepare for her role of Mastani in the television show Peshwa Bajirao, Megha took training classes for sword fighting and horse riding.
- Megha follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Megha’s hobbies include partying, going for long drives, and dancing.
- Megha is an avid dog lover, and she actively works for animal welfare. Megha has four pet dogs, Kaju, Chinki, Gullu, and Luchi. In January 2017, she found a street dog wounded on the road, and decided to adopt him. In an interview, Megha requested her fans not to buy a dog, but rather adopt one. She said,
Yes, I absolutely love dogs and cats, I have had pets since my childhood. My mom is equally fond of dogs, so having pets at home was never a problem. I urge our viewers to be more compassionate towards animals and not hurt them. I feel very bad when people abandon their pets. If you can’t take care of pets or adopt them then at least send them to animal shelters. Also, try feeding stray animals as much as you can.”
Megha Chakraborty’s pet dog, Chinki
Megha Chakraborty’s pet dog, Gullu
Megha Chakraborty with her pet dog Kaju
- To prepare for her role in the Hindi television show Krishna Chali London, Megha took diction classes to improve her Hindi. In an interview, Megha mentioned that her Hindi pronunciation is not good, as she was brought up in Kolkata. She said,
It was important for me to take diction classes because my Hindi is not very good and this show is set in Kanpur. So, I had to learn khadi boli to get my pronunciation right.
- In October 2016, Megha shared a post on her Facebook handle in which she was fooled by an auto driver, who gave her a fake Rs 100 note.
A Facebook post shared by Megha Chakraborty in which she is showcasing the fake Rs 100 note given by an auto driver