Husband: Rohit Sahni
|Full name||Marina Abraham Sahni
Note: She added her husband’s last name to her name after marriage.
|Other Names||Merina Abraham BookMyShow Nazriya Nazim doppelganger The Times of India|
|Profession(s)||Actress, TV personality|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
Film (Telugu): Romance with Finance (2016), lead role
TV (Telugu): America Ammayi (2015) as Samantha Williams Vajrapati
|Date of Birth||12 June|
|Age (as of 2022)||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||She did her graduation in Hyderabad. The Hans India|
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Going out on a drive or lunch with her husband, Shopping|
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||Rohit Sahni (actor)
Note: Rohit Sahni is popular for playing the role of Raghuram, Vishnuvardhan’s son in the Telugu soap opera Abhilasha (2019).
Father– Name Not Known (deceased)
Mother– Juliana Abraham (initially worked as an English teacher and later became the principal of a school in Hyderabad)
Mother-in-law– Renu Sahni
Brother-in-law– Himanshu Sahni (VFX artist and wedding and Fashion Photographer who runs Sahni Studio)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Marina Abraham
- Marina Abraham is an Indian actress, YouTuber, and TV personality who is known for appearing in the Telugu soap opera America Ammayi (2015) as Samantha Williams Vajrapati i.e. Sam.
- Marina was very young when her father passed away. Thereafter, she was raised by her mother.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was short-tempered during her childhood. While describing the same, she said,
I was a very naughty girl. As I am the only child, I am still pampered by my mother. I lost my father at a young age and my mother and my grandmother would pamper me a lot. I was a shot-tempered person, and no one knows about it (chuckles). As time passed by my mom would ask me to stop being angry and control it. Eventually, I stopped being short-tempered.”
- She spent her childhood in Goa and moved to Hyderabad after completing her Class 10 to pursue her higher education.
Childhood picture of Marina Abraham with her mother
- In Hyderabad, she began her acting career when one of her mother’s acquaintances, who was working in the entertainment industry, offer her a role. In an interview, she talked about the same and said,
One of my mother’s friends was in the acting field and then she offered me a role. I came into this industry for some pocket money (laughs), but now it has turned out to be my full-time profession.”
- After her debut film, Romance with Finance, she featured in a Hindi-language film ‘Sab Ka Dil Khush Huva’ (2016).
- In her debut TV show, America Ammayi (2015), she played the lead role of Samantha, a girl born and brought up in America who determines to reunite her mother with her family in India. The show aired on Zee Telugu from 27 July 2015 to 21 July 2018.
- In an interview, while explaining why she preferred working on TV shows instead of films she said,
My real journey started with auditions. I thought that I would work in movies. However, we can do only one movie per year and also there are many things that I was not comfortable with working in films. I tried a lot, I did ‘Romance with Finance’, and then immediately after doing that movie I got an offer from Zee Telugu for ‘America Amaye’ and I was very comfortable and happy with the character and then decided to get into serials.”
- She appeared as a contestant on the dance reality show Dance Jodi Dance (2018) on Zee Telugu.
Marina Abraham and Rohit Sahni on Dance Jodi Dance (2018)
- She played the protagonist Kavya in the Telugu daily soap Siri Siri Muvvalu (2019) on Star Maa. In the show, family circumstances led Kavya, a young woman, to marry an actor, Ashwin, who has no interest in his married life. As the story unfolds, Kavya sets out to become an ideal wife to make her marriage work.
Siri Siri Muvvalu (2019)
- In the same year, she secured the titular role in the show Prema on Zee Telugu replacing the lead actress.
Marina Abraham as and in Prema (2019)
- Marina and her husband, Rohit, competed in the reality show Ishmart Jodi (2020) on StarMaa. The show followed twelve popular celebrity couples who participated in a series of fun and entertaining challenges to earn the title of ‘Ishmart Jodi.’
Marina Abraham and Rohit Sahni on StarMaa’s Ishmart Jodi (2020)
- In 2022, Marina and Rohit appeared as contestants on the reality show Bigg Boss (Telugu season 6) on Star Maa.
Marina Abraham and Rohit Sahni on Star Maa’s Bigg Boss (Telugu season 6)
They are the second celeb couple to appear as contestants in Bigg Boss Telugu after Varun and Vithika, who appeared in season 3 of the show.
- Apart from being an actor, she is also a YouTube who established YouTube channels, Marina’s World in 2020 and Marina And Rohit Diaries in 2021. On the channels, she showcases her daily lifestyle with her husband. Her first vlog World Famous Laddu – Vinayaka Chaviti Special, uploaded on Rohit and Marina dairies in August 2020, amassed 1 Lakh views in just two days. Soon, their channel garnered immense popularity and they received a Silver YouTube Button in December 2020 for reaching 100,000 subscribers.
Marina Abraham and Rohit Sahni posing with their Silver YouTube Button
- Sahni Studio manages her social media accounts.
- She was named in the list of Hyderabad Times’ Most Desirable Women on TV in 2017.
- She is an avid dog lover and encourages people to adopt instead of buying dogs via her vlogs. She has adopted two dogs, a Pomeranian and a street dog, who live with her mother, Juliana Abraham. While talking about her pets in an interview, she said,
Both my pets are adopted, one is a ‘desi’ dog and another one is a Pomeranian, which I found at my parking lot. Both of them are so cute. They stay with my mom and she takes care of them. Every day I make it a point that I meet them as they are a part of my life. When I go to my in-law’s place three street dogs come wagging their tails as soon as they see me.”
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||The Hans India|