Age: 26 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Rewa, Madhya Pradesh
|Full name||Kuldeep Rampal Sen|
|Nickname||Champion Rajasthan Royals|
|Known for||Replacing Deepak Chahar in the Asia Cup 2022 squad of the Indian Cricket team|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
ODI– Not yet played
Test– Not yet played
T20– Not yet played
|Jersey Number||#22 (IPL)|
|Domestic/State Team||Madhya Pradesh|
|Batting Style||Right hand bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm fast|
|Date of Birth||22 October 1996 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Rewa, Madhya Pradesh|
|Hometown||Rewa, Madhya Pradesh|
|College/University||Awadhesh Pratap Singh University, Madhya Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Ram Pal Sen (barber)
Mother– Geeta Sen
• Rajdeep Sen (police)
• Jagdeep Sen (runs a coaching centre)
Note: He has four siblings.
|Cars Collection||He owns a Baleno car.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kuldeep Sen
- Kuldeep Sen is an Indian cricketer who is known for replacing Deepak Chahar in the Asia Cup 2022 squad of the Indian Cricket team. He made his IPL debut in 2022 with the team Rajasthan Royals.
- He started playing cricket at the age of thirteen and joined the Vindhya Cricket Academy at the age of sixteen where he showed his skills to India pacer Ishwar Pandey who was impressed by him. In an interview, Kuldeep said that Ishwar bought him a new pair of spikes for a match because he could not afford them. After he was selcted for the national games, the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Academy started taking care of Kuldeep’s expenses.
Kuldeep Sen while practising at Madhya Pradesh Cricket Academy
- Kuldeep’s father could not earn enough to fulfil the needs of his son’s dream of becoming a cricketer. His father owns a salon in Rewa and spent his earnings on the education of his five children. In an interview, his father also added that he used to scold and beat Kuldeep for playing cricket when he was young. In the interview, he further added,
Today I don’t have time to eat. There are many customers. I have been doing this for the last 30 years. I am happy for my son. He has made me proud. I never supported his passion for the game. I scolded and beat him for playing cricket when he was in school, but he never gave up on his dreams.”
Kuldeep Sen’s father cutting hair in his salon
- He made his debut for Madhya Pradesh in the domestic match on 1 November 2018 in the 2018–19 Ranji Trophy. In the tournament, he took five wickets against Punjab.
Kuldeep Sen bowling during the Ranji Trophy 2018
- On 24 February 2019, he made his twenty-20 debut for Madhya Pradesh in the 2018–19 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Kuldeep Sen in action during the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2019
- On 25 September 2019, he participated in the 2019–20 Vijay Hazare Trophy and played for Madhya Pradesh.
- In 2016, he went through a severe injury in his back when he was playing at the state camp for the U23 team. He did not leave the match in between and kept playing for the money he would earn after winning. After the camp got over, he got depressed because he could not play further due to the injuries. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I had anxiety attacks and sleeplessness. I had to consult a doctor as my heartbeat began to rise. I was prescribed sleeping pills for the next 20 days.”
- In February 2022, the Rajasthan Royals bought him for Rs. 20 Lakh in the auction for the 2022 Indian Premier League tournament. When he received a call from Rajasthan Royals for the trial, he had another job lined up for him in Gwalior at the C&AG office.
Kuldeep Sen as a part of the Rajasthan Royals team
- In an interview, Kuldeep said that he used to go to the ground and gym even when it was raining outside. In the interview, he further said,
When it was raining in the morning, I used to go to the stadium while getting wet. I would go to the stadium by bike and come running. My home was away from the city but I still used to go to the gym because I knew that if I struggle today, I will get benefit in future. I used to go to the gym with two clothes while getting wet. I am thankful to the gym guy who didn’t ask me for the fees till today.”
- His coach Aril Anthony, who runs Rewa Cricket Academy, supported him financially by providing him with free coaching. In an interview, Aril talked about Kuldeep and said,
He used to bowl bouncers, but in the process he used to chuck once or twice in an over. That’s why I never let him go to trial at the district level. One charge would be made and career would be over. It took me 4 years to correct this deficiency.”
- In an interview, he said that his Instagram username was kept on the speed delivery he wished to bowl.
- According to him, he hands over all the money earned by him to his mother.
- He is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
Kuldeep Sen posing with his dogs