Hometown: Kerala, India Marital Status: Unmarried Age: 25 Years
|Known for||Appearing in a Malayam show Kumbalangi Nights in 2019 as Simmy|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 163 cm
in meters– 1.63 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film: Happy Wedding in 2016 as Teena|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1997 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||25 Years|
|Birthplace||Mulamthuruthy, Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|Hometown||Mulamthuruthy, Ernakulam, Kerala, India|
|College/University||Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduation at Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kerala Edex Live|
Grace’s Instagram Post
|Hobbies||Singing and Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Anthony (contractor)
Mother– Shiny Antony
Some Lesser Known Facts About Grace Antony
- Grace Antony is an Indian actress who primarily works in the Malayalam film industry. She also works as a model and classical dancer. In 2022, she hit the headlines when she appeared in the Web Series Appan as Molykutty on SonyLIV.
Grace Antony on the poster of the film Appan in 2022
- When Grace Antony was eight years old, she expressed her dream to her class teacher that she wanted to become an actress. After listening to her dream, the whole class started laughing. Once, in a media conversation, she stated that she belonged to a labour family, and she was proud that her father was a tile labourer. She said,
It was with pride that I said that my father was a laborer. I never felt ashamed about that. Even today, I can proudly say that my father is a laborer who works as a tiles worker.”
- In 2019, Grace Antony came into the limelight, when her performance in the film Kumbalangi Nights as Teena earned appreciation from film critics. She then went on to appear in lead roles in many Malayalam language films such as Thamaasha (2019), Halal love story (2020), Saajan Bakery Since 1962 (2021), and Kanakam Kaamini Kalaham (2021).
Grace Antony in a still from the picture Kanakam Kaamini Kalaham in 2021
- In 2019, in a media conversation, Grace Antony disclosed the background of her parents. She narrated that her father belongs to Champakkara, and her mother hailed from Manasheri in Kerala. Her mother is a trained classical dancer. Grace Antony added that soon after their marriage, they settled in Perumbally. She said,
It is a small house like Simimol’s house in Kumbalangi. But it is a very peaceful and happy home. Having been living here for 21 years now…we go to Ammaveet in Manassery during holidays.”
She continued by telling that her father and mother were art lovers; however, they didn’t get a formal education in their childhood. She added,
Dad and Mom are art lovers. But they could not study anything due to financial difficulties. I studied dance and drama from my childhood.”
Grace Antony’s house in Kumbalangi in Kerala
- Apart from being a noted actress, Grace Antony is also a trained classical dancer who is the recipient of a bachelor’s degree in Bharatanatyam. She is a trained Mohiniyattam, Kuchipudi, and folk dancer.
My greatest dream was to become an actress. I learned Bhratnatyam, Mohiniyattam, Kuchipudi and folk dance thinking that I could easily get into the movies if I am selected the Kalathilakam. I was able to win second prize until the state level. But I never got the first prize.”
Grace Antony while dancing
- In 2020, during the Movie street award show, she was honoured with the Best actor in a character role.
Grace Antony while receiving the Best actor award by Movie Street award in 2020
- In June 2020, Grace Antony wrote and directed the short film “k-nowledge” in which she appeared in a lead role.
Grace Antony on the poster of the film K- nowledge in 2020
- In 2022, Grace Antony appeared in the films Pathrosinte Padappukal as Christina, Rorschach as Sujatha, and Chattambi as Sicily. In the same year, she appeared in the web series Appan as Molykutty. This was released on the OTT platform SonyLIV.
- Once, in an interview with a media house, Grace Antony narrated that she learnt classical dancing in her childhood.
From my earliest memories, whenever I heard music it would move me. From what my parents tell me, it was just pure excitement and an innate response to music, but once I grew up I understood that there was an inner need for me to dance.”
At the age of twenty, before venturing into films, she began learning dancing and acting at a local theatre in Kerala for two years. She added,
Cinema was always my dream. I gained the confidence to step into acting through my stint in theatre. I attended my first audition and thus Happy Wedding happened.”
Grace Antony in a still from the film Happy Wedding
- According to Grace Antony, when she first joined a dance class in her childhood, all of her fellow batch mates were from rich families. The teacher of the dance class used to advise Grace to stand in the back row. She was also publicly insulted and was made to stand outside the class whenever she got late in paying the dance class fees. She stated in a media talk that she used to watch and learn dance from outside the class, and these incidents ignited a fire within her to become a successful actress in the film industry.
|↑3||Grace’s Instagram Post|