Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Husband: Abhishek Ray
Profession: Digital Marketing Expert
|Other name Cheitan Sharma’s LinkedIn Account||Chaitanya|
|Profession||Digital Marketing Professional|
|Known for||Tying knot with his gay partner Abhishek Ray on 3 July 2022 in Kolkata, India|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||22 May|
|College/University||• Digital Marketing Institute at Dublin, Ireland
• Rajasthan Technical University, India
• Mewar University, India
|Educational Qualification(s) Cheitan Sharma’s LinkedIn Account||2012: Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.), Computer Science at Rajasthan Technical University, India
2014: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Marketing & HR at Mewar University, India
2014: Professional Diploma In Digital Marketing at Digital Marketing Institute, Ireland
|Caste||Marwari The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Abhishek Ray (fashion designer)|
|Marriage Date||3 July 2022|
Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Name Not Known
|Bike Collection||Cheitan Sharma owns a Bourget bike.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cheitan Sharma
- Cheitan Sharma is an Indian digital marketing expert. On 3 July 2022, he hit the headlines when he married his gay partner Abhishek Ray in Kolkata, India.
Cheitan Sharma started working as an Android Application Developer Trainee at Global Space Web Technologies Private Limited in August 2012 and served the position till December 2012.
- In December 2012, Cheitan Sharma joined Mewar University as Training and Placement Officer, and worked there till february 2015. In february 2015, Cheitan Sharma started working as a Digital Marketing Analyst at Return On Web (ROW), and served the role till July 2015.
In July 2015, Cheitan Sharma started working as a Digital Media Marketing manager at SRV Media Pvt. Ltd., and worked there till November 2015. From November 2015 to February 2016, Cheitan Sharma served as a Team Leader at the Google Ads Optimization in Gurugram, Haryana, India, and from March 2016 to June 2016, Cheitan Sharma was appointed as a Quality Specialist at the same organisation.
- In July 2016, Cheitan Sharma joined Accenture in Gurugram, India as a Digital Media Marketing Manager, and served the position till February 2021. In february 2021, Cheitan Sharma started working at Google Operations Center as a Training Delivery Sr. Specialist in Digital Marketing and Research.
- In his leisure time, Cheitan Sharma adores travelling to distant places. He is a music lover.
Cheitan Sharma enjoying a holiday trip
- Apart from being a software engineer, Cheitan Sharma is also a public speaker. He often delivers lectures on digital marketing at several seminars and workshops organised by his organisation.
- Cheitan Sharma is a compassionate animal lover. He has a pet rabbit. He often shares pictures of his pet rabbit on social media.
Cheitan Sharma with his pet rabbit
- In June 2022, he was felicitated with the “The Star Award” by the Google Operations Center, Gurugram, India.
- On 3 June 2022, he hit the headlines when he got married to an Indian fashion designer Abhishek Ray from Kolkata. In a media conversation, Chaitanya Sharma stated that they met each other in 2020, but before meeting each other they had been friends on Facebook for a long time.
- In a media interview, Abhishek Ray, the gay partner of Chaitanya Sharma, stated that after the COVID-19 lockdown uplifted in India, they went to Agra for a trip where Chaitanya asked Abhishek for the marriage in front of the Tak Mahal. According to Abhishek Ray, the marriage proposal was in a filmy manner. Ray said,
We made a trip to Agra, where he proposed to me, in a very filmi way, right in front of the Taj Mahal. Because, casually, I had told him I am a very Bollywood-y person and that it was my dream to see the Taj Mahal with my partner.”
Chaitanya proposes to Abhishek in front of the Taj Mahal
- On their wedding day, Chaitanya Sharma wore a sherwani, and his gay partner, Abhishek Ray, donned a dhoti-kurta. Both of them dressed up like traditional Bengali grooms. On 3 July 2022, their wedding was attended by their close friends and family members in Kolkata.
The Haldi ceremony of Chaitanya Sharma and Abhishek Ray being attended by their family members
- During their wedding, they had a media conversation in which Abhishek Ray expressed that in India, same-sex marriage was not legally acceptable and recognised, so he could not call himself lawfully wedded. He said,
I like to call it a wedding ceremony. I can’t call myself lawfully wedded but yes, I am wedded and Chaitanya is my husband.”
Abhishek Ray (left) with his gay partner (right)
In the same discussion, Cheitan Sharma remarked that after being in a relationship with Abhishek Ray, he was feeling blessed and the luckiest in the whole world. He continued by requesting all the LGBTQ+ community members in India to stand up for their rights and overcome all the challenges with the inner spirit. Cheitan Sharma said,
I feel blessed and luckiest to have Abhishek as my husband, life partner and best friend. He is a very kind and amazing person. What else can I expect from a partner?”
The couple at their wedding ceremony in Kolkata
- Cheitan Sharma and Abhishek Ray mentioned in one of their interviews with a media house on their wedding day that while doing the arrangements for their marriage function, the biggest challenge they confronted was finding the pandits from the Bengali and Marwari communities. Telegraph India
The wedding card of Chaitanya Sharma and his partner
- Chaitanya Sharma remains very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by over 2k people on Facebook, and on Instagram, he is followed by more than 1k people. He is also active on Twitter. He often shares his pictures and videos on social media.
|↑1, ↑2||Cheitan Sharma’s LinkedIn Account|
|↑3||The Times of India|