Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary is an Indian politician. In August 2022, he was made the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) state president for Uttar Pradesh.
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was born on Thursday, 30 June 1966 (age 56 years; as of 2022) in Mehandari Sikandarpur Village, Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. He completed his schooling at RN Inter College in 1985. In the same year, he got enrolled at the Hindu Degree College, where he pursued his graduation in Bachelor of Arts (BA); however, he dropped out of the college after completing his first year in 1986.
Hair Colour: Salt and Pepper
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary belongs to a family of farmers.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Karan Singh, was a farmer. Not much is known about his mother or siblings.
Wife & Children
His wife’s name is Nishi Chaudhary. His son, Shubham Chaudhary, is a BJP Yuva Morcha General Minister.
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary’s son and wife
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary follows Hinduism.
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary is a Jat.
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary’s signature
In 1989, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary worked as a manager at the Krishak Upkarak Inter College. He left the college in 1989 and joined the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) in the same year. In 1991, he joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 1993, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was made the BJP’s district executive. In 1999, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was given a ticket by the BJP to contest Lok Sabha elections from the Sambhal constituency against the Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Mulayam Singh Yadav. Bhupendra was defeated by Mulayam by a margin of 50% of the votes in the 1999 Lok Sabha elections. In 2012, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was made the regional President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 2016, he was nominated to the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council and became a Member of the Legislative Council (MLC) from the Moradabad constituency. On 19 March 2017, after BJP came to power in UP, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was given charge of Uttar Pradesh’s Panchayati Raj department.
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary during his swearing-in ceremony
On 25 August 2022, he was made Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) UP state president.
Accused of attacking the police
In 2014, when the Samajwadi Party (SP) was in power, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary led an agitation against the Moradabad administration because the city’s administration had removed a loudspeaker from a temple. The protests took a violent turn and the UP police was deployed to control the agitators. Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary, along with 73 others, was accused of destroying public property and attacking the police force which was deployed to control the protests; however, on January 2022, a special court acquitted all 74 accused of attacking the police.
Making controversial religious remarks at Asaduddin Owaisi
While campaigning for the Bharatiya Janata Party for the 2022 UP elections, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary made a controversial remark at the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) chief Asaduddin Owaisi. While giving a speech during a rally, he said that when the BJP wins the elections in UP, politicians like Asaduddin Owaisi would be forced to wear a jeneu, a sacred thread, and chant Ram-Ram.
Assets & Properties
- Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions, and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 2,99,600
- Motor Vehicles (Bajaj Pulsar and Honda motorcycle- 2005 model): Rs 1,00,000
- Agricultural Land: Rs 93,56,000
Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary’s net worth as of 2014 is Rs 13,085,600.
Note: The mentioned total net worth of Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary includes cash.
- According to some sources, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary was made the state president of BJP in Uttar Pradesh because of his role as a Panchayat Raj minister in constructing approximately two crore public toilets in UP which led to the declaration of more than 75 districts of the state as open defecation free districts.
- Some other sources claim that after the farmers’ protests, the image of the BJP deteriorated among the farmers living in UP; therefore, in an attempt to improve its image, the BJP decided to elevate Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary as the state president of the BJP as Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary exercised a good hold among the farming populace, belonging to the Jat community, living in western UP.
- During an interview, Bhupendra Singh Chaudhary’s wife said that he was rewarded and made the party’s state president for his efforts and sacrifices. Talking about this, she said,
My husband has done penance in various positions in the BJP for a very long time. The party has given the award of his penance. The party gave a huge reward. This is the result of my husband’s penance. Today his penance has been completed and the party has given him a huge reward of his penance. In whatever work he was put in, he always gave his absolute 100 percent and he even further sacrificed a lot more. Here, he will do the same.”