Baba Siddique is an Indian politician and a former Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Vandre West Vidhan Sabha Constituency. He has held the Assembly Member position consecutively in 1999, 2004, and 2009. Before this, he was also elected as a Municipal Corporator twice in 1992 and 1997.
Baba Siddique was born as Ziauddin Siddique on Friday, 13 September 1957 (age 64 years; as of 2021) in Patna. He did is schooling at St.Annes High school, Bandra. Later, he completed his Bachelor’s in Commerce from M.M.K.College, Bandra.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark brown
Baba Siddique belongs to a Muslim family.
Parents & Siblings
He is the son of Abdul Rahim Siddique and Razia Siddique.
Baba Siddique’s father late Abdul Rahim Siddique
Wife & Children
Baba Siddique is married to Alka Bindra, the sister of Ranjeet Bindra, who was involved in the Iqbal Mirchi case. Alka changed her name to Shehzeen Siddique after marriage. They have a daughter named Arshia Siddique and a son named Zeeshan Siddique. Their daughter is a doctor by profession, and their son is a politician who was elected as a member of the Maharashtra Legislative assembly in 2019.
Baba Siddique with his wife and children
A: 13, Lokhandwala Building, Opp. Bandra Talao, SV Road, Bandra (W) Mumbai 400 050
Baba Siddique’s Bandra residence
In 1977, Baba Siddique joined as a teenage member of the Indian National Congress (INC). He became a member of the National Students Union of India, Mumbai, and participated in several students’ movements. In 1980, he became the General Secretary of the Bandra Taluka, a part of the Bandra Youth Congress. Within two years, he became the President of Bandra Taluka. In 1988, he was elected as the president of the Bandra Youth Congress. After serving as the president of the Bandra Youth Congress for four years, he was elected as the Municipal Councilor of the Mumbai Municipal Corporation and held this position for two consecutive terms. In 1999, he was appointed as the Legislative Assembly Member for the Bandra West Assembly Constituency. Siddique was re-elected as the Bandra West Assembly MLA in 2004 and 2009. In 2000, the government of Maharashtra appointed him to become the Chairman of the MHADA Mumbai Board for a term of four years till 2004. In 2004, he was appointed as the Minister of State for Food & Civil Supplies, FDA, Labour, and Consumer Protection for the Maharashtra State Government for a term of four years. In May 2022, he left Indian National Congress and joined Rashtriya Janata Dal.
In May 2017, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) conducted raids at five locations pertaining to the slum rehabilitation authority (SRA) scam. The suspects included Baba Siddique and 157 other individuals, including other congress leaders. ED searched for various locations after an FIR was lodged against Siddique and other suspects in 2014 for undertaking money laundering of about Rs. 400 crores from the SRA scam. However, nothing was found by ED, and Siddique came out clean. After this case, a congress leader Sachin Sawant expressed his views on Twitter and wrote,
This is a pattern. The ED and Central Bureau of Investigation harass the Opposition. The government is trying to damage our image and suppress our voice. This is a tactic to divert attention from the government’s failures and scare the Opposition. We will not be deterred and will continue to raise our voices.’
- Mercedes Benz A 180 Sport
- Mercedes Benz S Class 350 L
- Cash amounting to Rs. 2,62,814
- Deposits in Bank and other Financial Institutions to Rs. 3,32,93,155
- Bonds amounting to Rs. 45,07,966
- LIC and other insurances amounting to Rs. 1,02,77,334
- Loans and advances given amounting to Rs. 7,69,60,000
- Motor Vehicle amounting to Rs. 1,15,98,254
- Jewellery amounting to Rs. 6,00,19,190
- Other assets amounting to Rs. 10,43,15,366
- Agricultural land amounting to Rs. 1,85,000
- Commercial building amounting to Rs. 6,71,28,942
- Residential building valued at Rs. 33,44,33,397
- Other immovable assets amounting to Rs. 6,33,51,106
- Loans from Banks amounting to Rs. 23,12,65,937
- Other liabilities amounting to Rs. 46,70,000
Baba Siddique has a net worth of Rs. 53.03 Crores
- In 2011, he provided 1.18 crores from his area development funds for the creation of an Eco-Garden in Bandra-Khar.
- As a Congress leader, he has worked with Sunil Dutt (1929-2005) and still remembers him as his mentor.
Baba Siddique shared a memory with his mentor, late Sunil Dutt
- In April 2022, Siddique was trolled for making Shah Rukh Khan uncomfortable at his annual Iftar party. A still went viral in which he lightly pushed him to pose for the media reporters.
Baba Siddique pushing Shah Rukh Khan to pose with him for media