Arun Yadav is an Indian politician who is known for being suspended from the position of IT cell chief of the BJP Haryana unit on 7 July 2022 for a 2017 controversial tweet on the Prophet and Islam.
Arun Yadav was born on Tuesday, 28 October 1986 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Gurgaon, Haryana. His zodiac sign is Scorpio. In 2009, he pursued a master’s degree in business administration.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Weight (approx.): 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents and siblings.
Wife & Children
The name of his wife is not known. He has two daughters.
Arun Yadav with his wife and daughters
Arun follows Hinduism.
Arun Yadav’s Instagram post about his religion
Before joining the BJP in October 2018, he did a corporate job. In an interview, he talked about his inclination toward politics and said,
I used to work for private consulting firms and did my MBA in 2009. After 2014, a lot of things evolved in terms of the presence of political parties digitally. I had an inclination for politics and switched from the consulting sector to the party. One of my first assignments for the BJP was the 2019 Assembly by-election in Jind in which party candidate Krishan Middha won. Over the years, my team and I have coordinated digital campaigns during UP, Punjab, and other elections.”
Arun encourages the campaigns run by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and CM of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath on his social media accounts which have 2.2 million followers on Facebook and six lakh on Twitter.
Arun Yadav’s Instagram post about Narendra Modi
In 2022, Arun attracted controversy when he was criticized for the tweets he made in 2017 about Prophet Mohammed and Islam. In one of the tweets, Arun compared a glass of wine with Kabba Sharif. In an interview, Yadav talked about the tweet and said,
The said tweet was in response to remarks made by a former Samajwadi Party MP in Parliament linking names of Hindu gods with alcohol.”
Arun Yadav’s controversial tweet
His tweets went viral on Twitter after which many Twitter users demanded Arun’s arrest. The hashtag #ArrestArunYadav became trending on 7 July 2022, but no police complaint was registered against him. The Haryana BJP president OP Dhankar suspended Arun from the post of the Haryana IT cell in charge on 8 July 2022 because of his controversial tweets on Prophet Mohammed and Islam in 2017.
A statement released by BJP on Arun Yadav’s suspension
- Arun’s hobbies include gymming and travelling.
- He has a tattoo of the letter B inked on his left hand.
Arun Yadav’s tattoo
- In an interview, Yadav talked about his suspension from the party and said,
The party has not mentioned any reasons for relieving me from the assignment. So, I am not really sure if it was due to any tweets. But, this (party move) is a routine exercise. The party can change responsibilities at any time. I am a dedicated worker of the BJP.”
- In an interview, Arun said that after his tweets went viral, many opposition parties stepped in to criticize his tweets. He said,
People from other political parties began lashing out at me for my tweets as part of a targeted campaign. Since Nupur Sharma’s controversy, people like me, who advocate and take up nationalistic and Hindutva causes, are being maligned and targeted, especially on Twitter.”
- He promotes Hindutva through social media posts. In July 2022, he filed a complaint against documentary filmmaker Leena Manimekalai for hurting Hindu sentiments through the poster of her film Kaali. In December 2021, he filed a case against stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui for insulting Hindu gods and goddesses.
- In 2020, amid the nationwide lockdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic, he made active participation in distributing food to the poor.
Arun Yadav distributing food amid lockdown
- He likes working out and often posts pictures of his workout on social media.
जय श्रीराम 🚩 pic.twitter.com/s6aCNtUZk2
— Arun Yadav 🇮🇳 (@beingarun28) July 9, 2022
- He often posts pictures of him drinking alcohol on various occasions.
Arun Yadav holding a bottle of beer