Aparna Balamurali is an Indian actress, singer and classical dancer, known for her work in Malayalam and Tamil movies. She is known for her roles in movies such as Maheshinte Prathikaaram (2016), Soorarai Pottru (2020), and many more.
Aparna Balamurali was born on Sunday, 11 September 1995 (age 26 years; as of 2021) in Thrissur, Kerala (India). Her zodiac sign is Virgo. She studied at Devamatha CMI Public School, Thrissur and pursued a Bachelor of Architecture at Global Institute of Architecture, Palakkad (Kerala).
A childhood picture of Aparna Baramurali
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Dark brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 36-32-38
Aparna Baramurali was born and brought up in Kerala by her parents. Her father’s name is Bala Murali and her mother’s name is Sobha. She has a sister whose name is Karthika Vaidyanathan, who is a playback singer and director of a virtual academy called ‘swarāksharā’. She has shared pictures with her family while reminiscing her childhood memories.
Aparna with her parents
Debuting in Yathra Thudarunnu (a Malayalam Drama movie directed by Jayan Sivapuram), Aparna Balamurali started her career in 2013 at the age of 18.
Aparna in a still from the Malayalam film Yathra Thudarunnu
In 2015, She was cast in Oru Second class yathra, which is a comedy thriller drama film. Then she played the role of Jimsy Augustine, a college student in Maheshinte Prathikaaram(2016) which was her big break. She soon gained fame after the movie was released.
Aparna as Jimsy Augustine in a still from the movie Maheshinte Prathikaaram(2016)
According to Aparna Balamurali, Sarvam Thaala Mayam(2018) was her first step in the Telugu Industry.
Aparna Balamurali with G.V. Prakash in a still from Sarvam Thaala Mayam(2018)
Later on, she did several Tamil movies like 8 Thottakkal(2017), Soorarai Pottru(2020) and Theethum Nandrum(2021). Her latest Tamil film is Veetla Vishesham(2022) which is a Tamil version of the famous Bollywood movie -‘ Badhaai Ho’ (2018). The directors of this film are RJ Balaji and NJ Saravanan. During an interview talking about her Tamil movie Soorarai Pottru, Aparna Balamurali said,
I could have got better exposure I think, met a lot of people physically but everything was virtual then due to covid. If we didn’t have the phase like Corona, probably, it could have been a game-changer. But I feel grateful that even after getting the OTT release, the kind of reach it got was really good. I’m taking the positive side of it.”
Aparna Balamurali as Bommi in a still from the film Soorarai Pottru
- In 2016, she debuted as a singer with the song Mounangal Mindumoree. She also sang Thennal Nilavinte and Vinnil Theliyum Meghame in the same year.
- “Mannippaya Ena Ketkadhe” in 8 Thottakkal(2017), “Mazha Paadum”,”Thanthane” in 2017
- “Kanyamariyame” was released by Aparna Baramurali in 2020.
- She also sang the Malayalam songs” Veyil Choodam” and “Ninnil ninnum Njan”, which were released in 2021.
Aparna likes to model and pose for various designers and fashion magazines.
Aparna posing for a clothing brand in 2022
Awards and Achievements
Oru Second Class Yathra(2015)
- Asiavision Awards also identified Aparna Baramurali as a New sensation in Acting
- Best Debut Actress in Asianet Film Awards and Vanitha Film Awards
- Best Actress award at Asianet Comedy Awards
- New sensational Heroine at North American Film Awards
- Upcoming Singer(Female) at Mirchi Music Awards South
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress- Malayalam at Filmfare Awards
- Best Star Pair (along with Asif Ali) at Vanitha Film Awards
- Best Duet (along with Arvind Venugopal) at Mazhavil Mango Music Awards and Red FM Malayalam Music Awards
- Nominated for Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam at Filmfare Awards
- 68th National Film Award for Best Actress (2022) for the character of Bomma
- Best Actress (critics) at SIIMA Awards(2021)
- Hit It Out of the Park (Female) award at Oxygen Play Awards
- Best Actress at Behind woods Gold medal Awards
- Nominated for Best Actress at SIIMA Awards and Cinema At Its Best Awards (2020)
Aparna receiving SIIMA Award
- Aparna Baramurali’s nickname is Appu.
- She likes to travel, do yoga and boxing too.
Aparna doing Vrikshasana
- She likes to record and share her life updates on Social media.
- On winning the Best Actress Award at National Film Awards for the movie “Soorarai Pottru” in 2022, she expressed her gratitude to Sudha Kongara Prasad.
To my one and only…
To my Sudha ma’am…
Beyond words can express ❤️🙏🏼@Sudha_Kongara pic.twitter.com/KOBOxAnIv9
— Aparna Balamurali (@Aparnabala2) July 24, 2022
- Aparna performed at the Mudra Cultural fest at Ahaliya Institute in 2018.
Aparna as goddess at Mudra National fest
- On 7 August 2022, Aparna Baramurali unveiled the logo for the CROSSROADS 2022 edition and YOUNG ARCHITECTS FESTIVAL, to be hosted by the Indian Institute of Architects, Calicut Centre.