Wife: Nikhat Bano
Age: 30 Years
Hometown: Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh
|Full name||Abbas Bin Mukhtar Ansari Abbas Ansari- Instagram|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Skeet Shooter|
|Famous for||Being the son of Indian gangster turned politician Mukhtar Ansari|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 172 cm
in meters– 1.72 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Political Party||• Bahujan Samaj Party
• Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party
|Political Journey||• Joined the Bahujan Samaj Party (2016)
• Contested the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Elections from the Ghosi constituency on a ticket from the Bahujan Samaj Party (2017)
• Won the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election from Mau on a ticket from the Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party (2022)
|Date of Birth||12 February 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||G.D. Goenka World School, Sohna, Gurgaon, Haryana (2011)|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Class 12 MyNeta
• A Degree in Business Management Hindustan Times
|Caste||Sunni UP Vidhan Sabha|
|Address||Darjee Mahal-2 MN-111 Yusufpur Prince Cinema Road Mohammadabad Ghazipur|
• 3 charges related to Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
• 3 charges related to Forgery of valuable security, will, etc. (IPC Section-467)
• 3 charges related to Forgery for purpose of cheating (IPC Section-468)
• 1 charge related to Having possession of a document described in Section 466 or 467, knowing it to be forged and intending to use it as genuine (IPC Section-474)
Cases Where Convicted
Declared an ‘Absconder’
Cases Where Convicted
Declared an ‘Absconder’
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||January, 2021|
|Wife/Spouse||Nikhat Bano (Homemaker)|
Son– Abubakar Ansari (born in 2021)
Father– Mukhtar Ansari (also known as Mokhtar Ansari) (Gangster turned Politician)
Mother– Afsha Ansari (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Umar Ansari (Politician)|
Great Grandfather– Dr. Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari (Indian nationalist and politician, who was the president of the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League during the Indian Independence Movement; he was one of the founders of the Jamia Millia Islamia University and served as its Chancellor from 1928 to 1936)
Grandfather– Subhanullah Ansari (Chairman of Nagar Palika Parishad, Mohammadabad)
Grandmother Begum Rabia
Paternal Uncle(s)– Sibakatullah Ansari (politician), Afzal Ansari (politician)
Cousin– Mannu Ansari (son of his uncle Sibakatullah Ansari; politician)
|Skeet Shooter||Ennio Falco|
|Car Collection||• Mercedes Benz
• Ford Endeavour
• Cash Rs. 1,75,000
• Bank Deposits Rs. 4,75,238
• Motor Vehicles Rs. 28,89,240
• Jewellery Rs. 12,50,000
• Other Assets (Revolver Gun) Rs. 43,00,000
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 9 crores (2020-2021) MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known facts About Abbas Ansari
- Abbas Ansari is an Indian politician and shotgun shooter. He is the son of the Indian gangster and politician Mukhtar Ansari. Abbas was declared an ‘absconder’ by the Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court in 2022 after he failed to appear in court despite receiving multiple summons.
- Abbas grew up in a family of politicians in Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh.
Abbas Ansari in childhood with his family
- Inclined toward shooting from a young age, Abbas began his career as a skeet shooter. He holds expertise in all three categories of shooting- big bore skeet, rifle, and pistol.
Abbas Ansari during his shooting practice
- In 2011, he won his first national championship in the shotgun category.
- He has bagged gold medals in three national championships in shooting.
- He has also represented India at various international events; Abbas played for India in the shooting world cups at Germany and Finland.
Abbas Ansari representing India at a shooting championship
- In 2014, he was preparing himself for the Rio Olympics. However, he missed out on the berth after he met with an accident.
- He was also a participant in the 2015 National Shotgun Shooting Championship.
Abbas Ansari at 63 National Shooting Championship in New Delhi
- In 2016, he began his political career by joining the Bahujan Samaj Party.
Abbas Ansari as a candidate for the BSP
- In the same year, Abbas Ansari inaugurated the Ansari Public School in the Mau district of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2017, he competed in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly Elections from the Ghosi constituency. He contested the elections on a ticket of the Bahujan Samaj Party and lost to Fagu Chauhan of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
Abbas Ansari during a rally
- In 2022, Abbas contested and won the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election from Mau on a ticket from the Suheldev Bharatiya Samaj Party, an ally of the Samajwadi Party.
Abbas Ansari distributing blankets to the poor
Earlier, his father, Mukhtar Ansari, was a sitting MLA from Mau; Mukhtar won the Legislative Assembly elections from the Mau constituency for five consecutive terms (starting from 1996). In 2022, during a media conversation, when Abbas was asked why his father did not file his nomination, Abbas replied,
You should ask the government and administration about this.”
Abbas Ansari during a media conversation
- He likes to travel and do adventure sports in his spare time.
- A fitness enthusiast, Abbas follows a strict workout regimen.
Abbas Ansari during his workout session
|↑1||Abbas Ansari- Instagram|
|↑2, ↑6, ↑7||MyNeta|
|↑5||UP Vidhan Sabha|